Any kind of Body Detox can cause detoxification symptoms so you should be aware of them.
Before discussing the actual detox symptoms, I just wanted to mention the benefits of doing any kind of body detox.
General detox benefits include most importantly a better functioing of the cleansed organs.
They will be flushed out and so perform their function much more effectively. So for example, the kidneys can excrete toxic waste that build up better.
The bowels likewise. The liver will be able to break down and metabolise toxins that we come across in every day life so much more efficiently.
However apart from the obvious benefits that a body detox will bring to your organs, including your liver, kidneys, bowels, hair and skin, specifically you may notice some other advantages and benefits from having done a body detox. For example:
- No more waking with a headache
- Waking more refreshed
- Not needing 20 cups of caffeine to kick start your morning
- Less irritable, especially in the mornings
- Better sleep pattern and less waking in the night
- Less sweating during the night
- Improved regular bowel functions
- Less offensive smelling bowel functions (some smell is natural however .. we can’t eliminate it all sadly)
- Women may notice a more regular and easier menstrual cycle
- Less low blood sugar episodes (in both diabetic and non-diabetic)
- Improvement in other physical challenges
And all of these benefits do not even include the ones that happen “behind the scenes” that we are not aware of; the improvement in the many other silent metabolic functions that the liver and kidneys, or other organs do automatically without us ever knowing anything (until it goes wrong of course)
Can you think of a reason why you wouldn’t do a body detox? I can’t
What are the Detox Symptoms when doing a body detox?
Yes there may be a few slight gentle detox symptoms things that you notice for a few days but none of it should be severe.
Remember this whole natural body detox is about getting your body to tone and cleanse itself of accumulated toxins, chemicals and other pollutants that we all accumulate in our every day lives so there are bound to be some detox symptoms and this page is so you know what detox symptoms you can expect.
Your body will need to find a route to let these substances out and it will choose the easiest route for it to do so. This is what Mother Nature does. Whatever the body is doing, or what detox symptoms it is producing, this is the easiest and safest it can do at that point in time - ALWAYS.
But since we are all different, with different genetics, strengths, weaknesses, medical history, envirnmental and life circumstances etc the route it chooses may be not the same elimination path for me as for you. This difference in route it may choose to get rid of the toxins is one of the reasons we may experience completely different detox symptoms to the next person.
However, having seen many people through a body detox over the years, I have observed that these are the most common detoxification symptoms you may notice as your body gets rid of the toxins.
- Waking feeling like you are "hung over" for a while
- Waking up with a headache
- Waking up and feeling tired
- Grumpy and irritability, especially in the mornings
- Increased frequency of bowel movements
- Increased quantity of bowel movements
- Increased quantity and/or frequency of urination
- Increased quantity of urine produced
- Increased frequency of needing to pass urine
- Initially more smell from both urine and faeces
- Initially changes in colour/consistencymore of both urine and faeces. Often stool may be loose for a few days though this is rarely to the point that is a problem
- More sweating for a few days as sweat can be a route to excretion of toxins.
- Spotty skin and pimples for a few days as the skin begins to detox itself.
- Increase in catarrh production for a few days though this is not a cold in the true sense of the word and so you should not be ill or have a fever usually.
- Women may notice the next menstrual cycle is a little heavier or lasts a little longer than is normal.
- The color of the flow may differ also but usually by the next cycle this will revert to whatever is normal for you.
- If menses were a problem previously, then don't be suprised if the body detox results in easier, less painful and less profuse menstraution.
You should be aware however that many people sail through a body detox and do not notice any of the above. They just reap the benefits afterwards.
If you are one of the ones who are observant enough to notice these things, then you will be glad to know that none of this will make you feel sick or ill. You will just observe the temporary changes as your system cleans itself but life carries on as usual.
The above are the main symptoms that most people notice during a body detox of any kind whether it be done through ionic foot patches, detox diet, detox pills or detox herbs to name just a few detox methods.
So as you can see, the benefits of doing a detox are many, and as such, considering how much we are exposed to toxins in todays world, we should all think about doing one, whatever method we choose.
It may be possible, because we are not all the same, that you notice different symptoms during your body detoxification.
If that is so, then please feel free to give s the benefit of your experience by sharing your detox story with me and my visitors by completing the form below.
Your Detox Story
Did you experience different Detox Symptoms? Did you find a way to cope with them you would like to share? What were the results of your Detox? What kind of detox did you do?
Tell us your story below
From Detox Symptoms back to the Home Page